Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Eng 312 Resume Cover Letter


601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington NC, 28407
09/20/11

Ms. Jessica Lane, Hiring Manager
Sarah Hall Productions
670 Broadway, Suite 504
New York NY, 10012

Dear Ms. Lane:

Confident, courteous, and efficient are traits you look for in an applicant for your internship. I write to you as a person of those qualities. The job advertisement your company was posted on a job search website and it caught my attention immediately. The field of public relations has always been of interest to me as a student pursuing a Bachelor of the Arts degree in English, and your internship position would give me the experience needed to succeed in any future careers.

I am a member of the Communication Studies Society at UNC Wilmington, and have acquired a great deal of knowledge about the Public Relations field, such as the duties expected, through this organization. I have taken several English courses concerning business and professional writing, and am sure about my ability to successfully apply those lessons in this position. I have experience with press releases, memo writing, instruction presentation, and other forms of writing that would see a great deal of use within the Public Relations field.

I have excellent organizational skills, and a high amount of charisma and willingness to interface with clients, as well as the proactive attitude and detail awareness you desire.  Because of the nature of this position and what it entails, you can also feel confident that all effort on my part would be to my greatest ability. 

I welcome the opportunity to talk to you further about this matter, and look forward to hearing from you about a future interview. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Yours truly,



Paul Norwich

No comments:

Post a Comment